Monday, October 15, 2012

Good and Bad news

On October 1st, Wyatt left to go to his new home.  A western lady needed a good horse to ride with her boyfriend, and she was friends with my trainer, so my trainer mentioned that Wyatt was for sale and that he had won many AQHA awards in reining(which is actually true).  She loved the description, and it went on from there.

I am not terribly sad that Wyatt was sold and is now gone.  This is because I know that he enjoys reining much more than jumping( he is also very good at it) and he will also have a buddy horse he can hang out with (the boyfriend has a horse).  But, don't get me wrong I am still a little bummed that Wyatt is leaving and I would rather him stay at Indian Hills.  It is just that I am not extremely sad because he is leaving for the better.

On the brighter side,  I found a horse that I could buy!  His name is Kerry,and he is a 16hh bay imported Australian Thoroughbred that is a prelim. eventer!  He is extremely tolerant and mellow.  I love him a lot.  He is currently on trial. He has 4 equal socks and a starstrip and a separate snip.

Me riding Kerry at RDLA doing X-country in prep. for my D3 rating





Happy Riding!

Vivalagogo





No comments:

Post a Comment